This quick and easy air fryer salmon recipe is crisp on the outside, moist and flaky on the inside, and it's done in under 15 minutes from start to finish, so it's perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner!
Why this Recipe Works
This air fryer salmon is possibly the easiest salmon recipe ever! The fillets are brushed with a light coating of olive oil to help give the salmon a crispy crust, and then they're simply seasoned with salt and pepper before cooking in the air fryer.
The hot, circulating air in the air fryer cooks the salmon quickly, and produces delicious salmon fillets with a crisp crust on the outside that are moist and tender on the inside. All in just 10 minutes of cooking time!
It's perfect for an easy, no-fuss salmon recipe when you need a healthy meal on a busy weeknight!
- Salmon fillets - Using salmon fillets will allow the air to circulate in the air fryer so the salmon cooks quickly and evenly. Fillets also give you crispy edges on each piece for maximum flavor.
- Olive Oil - brushing the salmon with oil helps give it a crispier exterior, and also coating the skin will help to avoid sticking as it cooks.
See the recipe card at the bottom of this post for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Rinse the salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Brush each fillet with a light coating of olive oil, including the skin, to help avoid sticking, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer basket skin side down and cook for 8-10 minutes based on your preference for doneness.
Note: Air fryer baskets vary in shape and size. I use a Ninja Foodie and am able to fit 4 individual fillets. They touched slightly before cooking but do shrink up as they cook. You may need to cook 2-3 fillets at a time in smaller air fryers.
Storage and Reheating Tips
- Store leftover salmon in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. You can also freeze the cooked salmon for up to 3 months.
- Reheat the salmon in the air fryer at 350°F for 4-5 minutes or in the oven for 7-8 minutes to maintain the crisp exterior.
This easy salmon recipe is perfect for a quick, healthy meal. It pairs well with a variety of side dishes like my grilled broccolini, crispy oven-roasted potatoes, or my garlic butter green beans.
It's also a great way to prepare salmon for topping a salad or pasta dish like my salmon pasta with lemon cream sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can cook frozen salmon in the air fryer. To cook from frozen, preheat your air fryer to 360°F and cook for 5-6 minutes until thawed, then turn the heat up to 400°F and cook for around 10 minutes until cooked through.
Leaving the skin on during the cooking process will help hold the salmon fillets together and make them easier to remove from the basket.
To avoid sticking, brush the skin with olive oil before placing it in the air fryer basket. You can also line the basket with foil or a parchment liner.
This air fryer salmon is simply seasoned, but you can add more flavor using a sauce or marinade. Check out some of my other salmon recipes for options:
To adapt these flavors for this recipe, prepare the sauce and season the salmon as directed in the original recipe, then cook it in the air fryer for 10 minutes.
More Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets, around 1.25-1.5 pounds total.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Rinse the salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Brush with a light coating of olive oil, including the skin, to help avoid sticking, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer basket skin side down, leaving a little space in between each piece, and cook for 8-10 minutes based on your preference for doneness.
* All nutrition information we provide are estimates based on third party calculators. We encourage you to calculate these on your own for accurate results.
Leave a Reply