A delicious and healthy Asian chopped salad tossed in a tangy soy ginger vinaigrette dressing and topped off with thin slices of seared tuna. It makes a great lunch or light dinner.
This salad is inspired by a salad my wife often gets at a local restaurant. It's got crunchy romaine lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, red cabbage, and shelled edamame all tossed in a savory and tangy soy ginger vinaigrette dressing. It is great alone or topped with chicken, but my favorite way to serve this Asian chopped salad is with some beautiful thin slices of seared tuna.
How to make Asian chopped salad
- The base of this salad uses hearts of romaine lettuce which I like to slice fairly thin but not shaved. The romaine gives it a nice crunchy texture. I also add in a baby kale blend spring mix to get a little nutrition boost.
- For the veggies I use red cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, and edamame. Thin sliced celery or tomatoes are great additions too.
- I like to use fried chow mein noodles as a topping. You can usually find them in the asian section of the supermarket. But if you don't see them there, they may be near the croutons. Sometimes you may see them in the produce section near the lettuces. Fried wonton strips or corn chip strips are other good options.
- For the dressing I like to toss this in a homemade soy ginger vinaigrette dressing. If you don't want to make your own you can sub in your favorite store bought Asian salad dressing or just splashing on some rice vinegar works too.
- The salad is pretty filling by itself, but adding some thin slices of seared tuna is my favorite way to serve it. The tuna looks great and really puts it over the top. Best of all it only take about 5 minutes to make. Sliced chicken is another great option.
Asian Chopped Salad
- 2 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cup spring mix
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage divided
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- chow mein noodles for topping
- ¼ cup Soy Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing
- Combine lettuce, spring mix, and ½ cup of cabbage in a medium bowl and toss with dressing.
- Top with remaining ingredients and serve.