These flavor packed herb roasted potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside and take only a few minutes to prep. They're a perfect quick side dish for a busy weeknight meal.
What potatoes to use
For this herb roasted potato recipe I like to use small baby Yukon gold potatoes. They have a delicious creamy texture and crisp up beautifully. Any small potato will work though. You can use larger ones too, they'll just require a little extra cutting and a flip or two while cooking to get crispy and golden brown on all of the cut sides.
How to make herb roasted potatoes
The key to make the best herb roasted potatoes is to put them all cut side down and place your oven rack in the lower third of your oven, closer to the heating element. This way they'll be closer to the heat and get really super crispy. Just don't put them at the very bottom or they'll likely burn!
What to serve with your potatoes
These roasted potatoes with herbs go great with grilled or roasted meats such as a standing rib roast, pork chops, chicken kebabs. They're also a great substitute for french fries. The leftovers are also perfect with some fried eggs for breakfast!
Roasted Potato Variations:
- These are great with just about any herbs you have, fresh or dried. Italian seasoning works great too.
- Add lemon juice to the mix for a bright tangy flavor.
- To make garlic parmesan roasted potatoes just add some minced garlic and Parmesan cheese to the mix. This gives them an amazing flavor boost.
- You can also cut bacon into 1 inch strip sand add those to the pan with your potatoes before you pop them in the oven. About halfway through cooking flip the potatoes and bacon and add some shredded cheddar cheese.
Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 3 lbs baby gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Arrange rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 425 degrees
- Cut potatoes in half and place on sheet pan
- Drizzle with olive oil then season with rosemary, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Arrange in an even layer cut side down
- Place in oven on rack in lower third and bake for 20-25 minutes until tender and crispy.
* All nutrition information we provide are estimates based on third party calculators. We encourage you to calculate these on your own for accurate results.