This sweet and savory pineapple salsa is a perfect refreshing appetizer for a hot summer day and it's also fantastic on grilled seafood, pork, and chicken.
- Pineapple - fresh pineapple is best for this salsa. Canned pineapple will work in a pinch but the texture and flavor will be best with fresh.
- Green and Red Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
How to prepare the salsa
The preparation is super simple. The most important tip is to finely dice all of your ingredients and try to keep a uniform size. Then just add them to a mixing bowl and season with a little salt then stir until well combined. It's best to let the salsa rest for 20 to 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to combine.
As with most salsa recipes this one is pretty flexible. Diced jalapenos or serrano peppers will give it some heat if you want a spicier version. Some other great add ins are diced tomatoes, diced mango, or kiwi.
Can I Make This Ahead ?
Yes! The salsa is best within about 1 day but it can be made in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. I wouldn't recommend freezing this one.
This salsa is a great refreshing appetizer for a hot summer day served simply with tortilla chips. To make it look fun and festive try halving and hollowing out the pineapple and using that as your serving dish.
My absolute favorite way to use it is as a topping for grilled seafood and fish tacos. It also goes really well with grilled meats like chicken and pork. It's also great for topping a tropical burrito bowl.
Other great dip and appetizer ideas
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream and Onion Dip
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Corn and Avocado Salad
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- 2 cups pineapple diced
- ½ cup green pepper diced
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1-2 medium jalapenos seeded and diced, optional
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Let rest for 20 to 30 minutes for flavors to combine if time allows.
* All nutrition information we provide are estimates based on third party calculators. We encourage you to calculate these on your own for accurate results.