This yummy maple vinaigrette salad dressing features sweet maple syrup, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. It's a delicious combination that's perfect for all of your favorite salads!
What is a vinaigrette?
A basic vinaigrette dressing combines an oil and an acidic ingredient like vinegar or lemon juice. The common ratio is 3 to 4 parts oil to 1 part acid. The oil and acid naturally separate, so we often use mustard or another binding ingredient to help emulsify the dressing. Vinaigrettes are often flavored with different types of vinegar like balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar or other ingredients like herbs to add additional flavor.
This maple vinaigrette combines sweet maple syrup and tangy apple cider vinegar with savory dijon mustard. It's perfect for fall salads like my apple walnut salad and my farro kale salad with butternut squash!
This maple vinaigrette recipe combines common pantry ingredients so it's super easy to whip up anytime you want. I highly recommend using real maple syrup in this recipe and not pancake syrup. It's much too sweet and not the flavor profile we're going for.
How to make maple vinaigrette salad dressing
- Simply add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- If time allows refrigerate the dressing for 30 minutes to let the flavors combine.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
Store the vinaigrette in a glass jar or other airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
The vinaigrette will solidify in the refrigerator so sit it out at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before you plan to use it to allow it to liquify. Alternatively you can sit the container in a bowl of water to speed up the process.
I recommend pure amber maple syrup for this recipe. If you like a more intense flavor you can use dark amber maple syrup as well. Avoid flavored pancake syrup as it will be much too sweet and not have the right flavor for this recipe.
Maple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- If possible, refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving to allow time for the flavors to combine.
* All nutrition information we provide are estimates based on third party calculators. We encourage you to calculate these on your own for accurate results.